Root canal treatment
What problem does it solve?
Root canal treatment is used to repair badly decayed or infected teeth. It is required when the pulp (the soft tissue at the centre of the tooth) has been damaged by a bacterial infection. During the treatment the bacteria will be removed, the root canal will be filled and the tooth sealed with a filling or crown.
Duration of the dental treatment:
Root canal treatment usually takes up to 2-3 occasions, and about 30-60-90 minutes / occasion.
Costs of the treatment:
Panoramic X-ray – (8.000 HUF)
Small X-ray – (4.000 HUF)
Root canal treatment – (from 25.000 HUF)
What is a root canal treatment?
A root canal treatment is a conservative dental procedure. This means that its aim is to preserve the tooth and to restore its full health.
During the procedure, the dentist removes any and all material from the tooth chamber (blood vessels, nerves, soft tissues), then the hollowed out tooth is filled up with a special filling material.
Dental treatments in our Budapest based clinic are gently and professional, so you don’t need worry at all.
When should I get a root canal treatment?
- If the tissues on the inside of the tooth (nerves, blood vessels, etc) are inflamed or completely dead
- If you have some serious tooth decay or have a broken tooth, if the tooth chamber housing the tooth pulp is opened, or becomes visible
- If we are preparing the tooth for a crown or bridge, and the tooth in question is at heightened risk of becoming infected later on
- Our dentist opens the tooth from the crown
- The contents of the tooth chamber are removed, the root canal is enlarged, shaped and then dried out
- The dentist applies a medicated root filling to the tooth
- The medicated root filling is in the tooth root until the inflammation goes down. This may take several appointments
- When there is no infection, the roots are getting filled with a special root filling material
- At the end of the dental treatment, our dentist take care of the visible part of the tooth. In some cases tooth filling, or even dental inlays and onlays might be enough to aesthetically and functionally restore the tooth, but in other cases a dental crown is needed.
Book your appointment now!
At Forest&Ray Dental Clinic Budapest we only use premium quality material and innovative technology to provide you with the best service possible. Regardless your dental problem, you may trust our dentists’ expertise to treat it gently and permanently.
Our friendly and enthusiastic attitude also guarantees that you’ll leave the dental clinic with a satisfied, self-confident smile on your face.
Book an appointment online, and our colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible!
It is important to note that the success of the treatment depends on the patient just as much -and in some cases, even more so- than on the dentist. The fight against bacteria is dictated by the patient, or to be more accurate, by the patient’s immune system as much as by the dentist. The inflammation can be cured for the teeth by our dentist, but the patients system has to do the rest, and while prescribing antibiotics usually is enough to cure the body of the infection, it is not always the case, and the infection can remain. While our doctors do everything in their power to stop the infection, the patient’s immune system also has to do at least half the work, and because of it, we cannot assume a guarantee.
If the pain persists, you should return to the dental practice where you got the initial treatment as soon as possible, because whatever problems you may have, they can solve them there. Until the tooth is completely restored, the treatment is considered to be on going, and it may take several appointments, if the infection is deep, to completely restore the tooth. This is why pain and inflammation, swelling is considered to be a part of the root canal treatment process.